You are cordially invited to participate in a kickoff event for a local economic development initiative. Your input is vital to the success of the program and I hope you can attend.
We will meet at the Chester Town Hall on Thursday April 27, 2017 from 1-4 PM. Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP at email@example.com by April 21st so we may plan accordingly.
The purpose of this initiative is to provide momentum and direction in the effort to:
- Retain existing businesses
- Promote the area
- Recruit new businesses
- Support local entrepreneurs
- Leverage small successes into larger ones
This initiative enables community members to develop and implement actions specifically tailored to our area’s unique strengths, values and resources that are focused on creating economic vitality and stability.
What We Will Do At The Meeting
At the meeting we will:
- Look at our human/natural/financial assets and resources;
- Discuss the characteristics of our community past, present and in the future;
- Discuss issues affecting our community by utilizing a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and
- Threats (SWOT) analysis;
- Identify a set of short and long term goals that can be worked on by core groups;
- Define action items and time frames for completion of the identified goals;
- Set a date for a follow-up meeting.
Why is This Initiative Important?
Change is inevitable and growth is necessary. Without a coordinated initiative that addresses business retention, attraction, and creation, the Town risks losing opportunities for suitable growth and its character. By being clear about who we are and what we want, we strengthen the things we value in our community, we improve our foundational assets and we continue to develop a community we are proud to call home.
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21th so we may plan accordingly. Call me at 518-494-2711 if you have any questions or ideas.
Craig R. Leggett, Supervisor