Experience the very best of nature's playgrounds. Here in the Adirondack Park we offer you unbridled fun in every direction and every season. A huge variety of outdoor recreation provides unlimited opportunities for folks to take full advantage of all that this great park has to offer.
Welcome Canadians! Here are some tips for your visit to the Adirondacks.
- Go fishing for a wide variety of species among our numerous lakes, rivers, streams and ponds.
- Bring your boat, canoe or kayak and enjoy free access via the state boat launches at Brant Lake or Schroon Lake, or head to nearby Lake George, Fourth Lake or even the Hudson River. Please note this brochure on controlling aquatic invasives in our waters.
- Swim, tube, or go rafting for a day of fun in the sun.
- Camping is available for all levels of interest, hike out into the
wilderness of the Adirondack Park or stay at one of our state or
private campgrounds welcoming tents and RV's alike.
- Biking is one of our favorite pastimes, join us for a road tour or
hit the trails for a mountain biking experience you'll always remember.
- If golf is your game, we've got plenty of fun and challenging golf courses with breathtaking Adirondack backdrops.
- Horseback riding is a unique and memorable way to take in all of
the rustic beauty found in great abundance here in the Adirondacks.
- Old man winter blankets the Adirondacks in shimmering splendor,
spreading joy to ski enthusiasts of all ages and skill levels. Enjoy
extensive cross country skiing and snowshoe trails as well as our many
downhill skiing and snowboarding mountains.
Just a short 30 minute drive in any direction takes you from the peace and tranquility of nature into places that make your heart race and your mind sing. Visit our Attractions page to learn more about expanding the boundaries of your North Warren Base Camp to include great day trips.
With so much to see and do, your itinerary includes fun activities and unique attractions that keep couples and families returning year after year. Memories are made in this place where quality time is our way of life. Come to the heart of the Adirondacks and you'll forever keep the Adirondacks in your heart.